I feel like I'm forsaking my son when I leave him in his crib to cry. That boy has the will and strength to totally out cry my patience. He gets so tired and just will not sleep sometimes. The tears roll down his checks and then collect in his ears like small puddles of rain. He looks at me and screams louder and my heart wants to pick him up and comfort his cry. I know he is just tired and that little baby already knows how to manipulate his mother.
It's totally a trap as well. As soon (if I do) pick him up he stops crying which soothes my heart. I'll rock him in my arms and then his eyes will flutter and off to sleep he'll go. The littlest movement towards his crib will send him back into a tail spin. I rock him again until I think he's in a deeper sleep and then place him in his crib. With satisfaction and relief that his wail has disappeared I walk down the hall and my shoulders relax. The second I decide to do something (shower, eat breakfast, email or even blog :) the squelching holler starts again. Why won't little zoomer sleep.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Posted by Dori at 8:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment